We treat a wide range of conditions including, but not limited to the following:
- Orthopedic & Sports Injuries of the Hip, Knee, Ankle Shoulder, Elbow & Hand
- Pain Management & Rehabilitation of Low Back & Neck Problems
- Arthritis conditions of all the Joints
- Neurologic Rehabilitation for Strokes, Spinal surgeries, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuropathies, Carpal Tunnel Syndromes
- Myofascial Dysfunction & Fibromyalgia Cases
- Hand Therapy
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pain Management for painful spasms of the neck and the lower back.
- Arthritic Conditions of the spine, knees, ankles, shoulders and elbows.
- Sports Injuries for complete recovery and a safe return to your favorite sport.
- Work Accidents: we help you cope with your current condition and rehabilitate you in order to return to work in maximum capacity.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: we help with the pain while we restore function.
- Neurological Impairments strokes, neuropathies, entrapments (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome).
- TMJ Problems: we have developed a unique protocol for this difficult to treat dysfunction.
- Pediatrics: we are very sensitive to the needs of our pediatric patients.
Our Pilates Instructors have the knowledge to create a "Prescriptive" Pilates program that will benefit your particular needs.
The Pilates Method takes a "whole body" approach to wellness and fitness.
Each apparatus and movement may be graded to allow a great range of intensity and skill, from beginner to master level.
The specialized equipment utilizes a series of springs and pulleys to create a smooth progressive resistance which avoids high impact to the spine and joints of the extremities. This results in a combination of stretching and strengthening which stimulates functional muscular development in a larger range of motion than traditional gym equipment.
Pilates is an effective method for core strengthening as all movements begin with central stabilization. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved awareness of posture and body alignment
- Improved balance
- Increased strength through a larger range of motion
- Improved flexibility
Many physicians are recognizing the benefits of Pilates, and have started to prescribe Pilates for their patients as an effective means for treatment of a wide variety of pathologies.